By Teryima Andrew
Following continuous pressure on President Muhammadu Buhari by APC governor’s to contest the 2019 Presidential election, former special adviser on youths and student affairs to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Comrade Jude Imagwe, on Sunday urged the President Buhari to toll the path of honour and quit the temptation to re-contest second term in 2019.
Comrade Imagwe, a former NANS President said those urging the President to contest the 2019 election are beclouded by their self seeking agenda adding that in the last 3 years under Buhari’s watch the Country has witnessed more bloodshed and harrowing economic challenges.
“There is no gainsaying that Nigeria is on the brink of collapse following marauding activities of killer herdsmen who had unabatedly turned the Country into a killing field coupled with the activities of Boko Haram.
“It is preposterous that at a time when we are told that Boko Haram had been decimated and defeated only for Nigerians to wake up with the news that over 105 girls had been taken away from schools in Dapchi, Yobe state.
While commiserating with the parents and the people of Yobe state over the kidnapped of their love ones however urged the President to ensure their safe rescued back to the parents.
“It is quite sad that this is happening again even after former President Goodluck Jonathan had been labelled a ‘weak’ President over the abduction of Chibok girls. Now that we have a former General as President Nigerians are still been killed by Boko Haram.
He said: “I had consistently said it that Buhari should not run and considering his age the president can no longer cope with the demands of his high office. He should take the honourable decision by not presenting himself for another election.
More embarrassing is the recent rating by transparency international which showed that Nigeria had performed poorly in tackling the issue corruption and urged the president to conduct a transparent election and quit the stage.