By TERYIMA ANDREW-
The national President of a Fulani group “Jonde Jam” Saidu Maikano Adamu, has advised northern policiticians not to scramble for the post of the Vice President come 2023.
“Any northern seeking to become Vice President in 2023, should relocate to the south West and contest from there, because the north need to retain Presidency.”
According to him, presidential powers must not shift from the northern Nigeria to any part of the country, because only northern Presidents have served Nigeria without discrimination of other geopolitical zones.
“We are witness to what former President Olusegun Obasanjo did to policies and programmes of Alhaji Shehu Shagari, the same scenario happened when late President YarAdua died, former President Goodluck Jonathan abandoned YarAdua’s projects.”
“President Buhari Administration paid 500 million Naira to clear pensions arrears that had not been paid since their presidential pardon in year 2000 in the south south.”
Alhaji Adamu stated this in Jos, Plateau state on Wednesday in an interview with Journalists at his residence, he revealed that Southerners and people of the south West/East region are the great beneficiaries of the ongoing President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said President Buhari has tackled insecurity in Nigeria by 90 percent, he maintained that the rest of the 10 percent insecurity was s mere criminality among Nigerians.
According to him, 56000 schools are currently benefing in the ongoing school feeding programme in public schools accros Nigeria.
“Payment of 33 billion Naira (US$90 million) to Julius Berger for the Second Niger Bridge project.”
He revealed that, rehabilitation and expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway; the project is being funded by the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) established by President Buhari in 2018, he said.
The Fulani leader however admitted that a few persons were empowered at the northern part of the country with the N-Power and public school feeding programme.
“74,000 N-Power Beneficiaries across the six States of the North East.School Feeding currently ongoing in all 6 States of the North East: Bauchi, Taraba, Borno, Gombe, Yobe and Adamawa state.”
Alhaji Adamu added that Nigeria as a country do not need zoning arrangement for Presidency, but leaders that can transform and redirect national resources for the good of all citizens.
He named some of the projects he claimed president Buhari administration executed in the southern and eastern geopolitical zone of the country.
“Four of the Enugu–Port Harcourt Expressway (Sukuk Bond) (ongoing) rehabilitation of Amansea–Enugu Border section of Onitsha-Enugu Expressway (Sukuk Bond) (ongoing) rehabilitation of 18km critical stretch of Onitsha–Awka Road (ongoing)
Construction of Second Niger Bridge: Completed design of the Approach Roads from Onitsha and Asaba; Award of Main Construction Contract to Julius Berger; and funding of the project by the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund, PIDF. In August 2018 PIDF.”
Alhaji Adamu stressed further that “the ongoing federal Government’s Energizing Education Programme is being implemented in Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo, Ebonyi; and Nnamdi Azikwe University – Awka Campus, Anambra.
“The Programme will provide these Universities with an Independent Power Plant, as well as upgrade existing distribution infrastructure, and also provide street-lighting.
“Construction of Modern Medical Diagnostic Centre at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia (FMCU) (ongoing)
Completed Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoleum (contract originally awarded in 1996, abandoned at various times, Buhari Administration revived the project in 2016, and completed it in 2018.”
According to him, President Buhari concentrated his landmark achievement to the south west, and eastern part of the country.
Speaking on state matters, Alhaji Adamu lamented that successive administration in Plateau state could not prioritized education of the Fulani speaking people in the state.
He revealed that most of the nomadic schools in Plateau state where their children attend to acquire formal education have been abandoned by administrations of former governor Joshua Dariye, Jonah Jang and the ongoing administration of Simon Lalong.