***Seek Increased Representation In NEC
*Being the Press Text of All Progressives Congress (APC) Youth Leaders and Stakeholders held at the APC National Secretariat on Sunday, 28th November, 2021*
Gentlemen of the Press,
1. Firstly, we will like to, on behalf of the youth leadership of the party appreciate the press for coming out on a Sunday to cover our programme.
2. With me here are the six Zonal youth leaders, State youth leaders-elect, leaders of youth support groups and other critical youth stakeholders of our great party who form the crux of youth leadership of the All Progressives Congress.
3. As leadership of the party, we welcome and applaud the decision of the President, the Progressives Governors’ Forum and all other critical stakeholders of the party to have our National Convention in February 2022, this we believe is in the best interest of the party.
4. The youth leadership therefore recognized the opportunity given to youth in leadership positions at the Wards, Local Governments and States Congresses and also appeal for inclusion of more Youth in the National Executive Committee (NEC) in the February 2021 Elective Convention.
5. The youth leadership is using this opportunity to encourage youth in the party to present themselves for elective positions in the forthcoming National Convention.
6. The APC youth leadership also encourage all members of the party with any form of discontent to take advantage of the National Reconciliation Committee headed by H.E. Senator Abdulahi Adamu to air their grievances and seek adequate recompense rather than slugging it out on the pages of newspapers, Social Media, Television or Radio stations.
7. In conclusion, the Youth leadership of APC hereby call on all Party stalwarts at every level to please put the interest of party first because promoting personal interest will only lead to the destruction of the party.
*Hon Bolaji Hafiz Repete*
Deputy National Youth Leader