The crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Kaduna State has assume another dimension with the Chairman of the party in Lere local government suspended for alleged misappropriation of funds.
The Suspended Chairman, got a no confidence vote by his fellow executives at the local government.
The party exco, in a letter to the State party Chairman, list the offences of collecting money from the Local Government EXCO and ward Chairmen and their secretaries, for the I.D Card, he has not given them till date, misappropriation of funds and running the party as a personal property.
Bellow is the letter of the suspension.
Chairman, Caretaker Committee
Peoples’ Democratic Party
NOTICE OF SUSPENSION OF ALHAJI TASIU BALA, CHAIRMAN CARETAKER COMMITTEE, LERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA FOR THE PERIOD OF SIX MONTHS
This is to inform you of the resolution of Lere Local Government People’s Democratic Party Executive Committee Dated 19th May, 2020.
The Executive Committee ratified the decisions taken at the meeting of 18th May, 2020 which was appropriately communicated and conveyed to you. Section 16 (2) (a) of the PDP Constitution provides that we shall identify and resolve political issues.
We identified Hon. Ibrahim Lawal Alhaji Tasiu Bala as the political problems in Lere Local Government PDP, with the following allegations:
1. Lack of holding meeting (since the general election 2019. He didn’t call a meeting to date)
2. Gross misconduct and anti-party
3. He holds his party as his personal property, with he as the Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer e.t.c
4. Misappropriation of fund
5. He closed the party office and packed everything including brooms without our knowledge.
6. He created the misunderstanding between our major stakeholders.
7. Most of the political members decamped to APC because of him: Prominent people like Jumare Tanimu, Hajiya Munirat Suleiman, Zonal treasurer Zone 1 and host of others.
8. His inability to pay the party office rent led to the relocation of the office to his house.
9. He collected money from the Local Government EXCO and ward Chairmen and their secretaries, for the I.D Card, he has not given them till date.
On this basis, the disciplinary committee has suspended Alhaji Tasiu Bala.
The suspension is effective this 19th day of May 2020. The Disciplinary Committee is mandated to investigate the above allegations strictly and follow the constitution of the People Democratic Party as amended in 2017.
In the interim, Hon Salisu Kula, the Deputy Chiarman,Caretaker Committee shall take over the leadership of the party on acting capacity pending the outcome of the investigation.
Thanks for your co-operation.